Warranty, Terms & Conditions by BASIC Engine & Gearbox
BASIC Engine & Gearbox cc offer to their customers to entitle the following warranties for their purchased items:
(1) DIESEL / PETROL / LPG Engines:
- 30 dayswarranty on ENGINE BLOCK & CYLINDER HEAD start from date of invoice unless otherwise stated on the front on this invoice.
- NO WARRANTYon TURBO and SUPER CHARGED engines (HIGH PERFORMANCE type engines).
- 30 days warranty for MANUAL gearboxes start from date of invoice.
- 14 days warranty for AUTOMATIC gearboxes start from date of invoice.
Conditions for Warranty
In order to qualify for a warranty, ENGINE:
- New oil filter, engine oil, air filter, spark plugs, cam belt (if applicable) must be used on installation of the engine.
- TIMING BELTmust be set to manufacturer’s specifications.
- A NEW WATER PUMP & NEW THERMOSTATto be fitted and your WATER HOSES must be in good condition, RADIATOR must be cleaned.
- Oil pressure and temperature gauge must be operative on DASHBOARD.
- A HEAT TAB is fitted onto each engine. Heat tab center Melted or Removed from the engine VOIDS guarantee immediately.
In order to qualify for warranty, GEARBOX:
- New spigot shaft bearing / bush must be fitted.
- For rear wheel drive gearboxes, propshaft must be re-balance correctly before fitting.
- Gearbox mounting must be in good condition.
- Gearboxes run with no oil or incorrect oil not according to manufacturer’s specifications are not guaranteed.
- NO CASH REFUND IS GIVEN.
- NO REFUND WITHOUT ORIGINAL INVOICE PRESENT.
- Return will only be considered within 7 days of purchase and is subject to a HANDLING FEE of 10% of the purchased item cost.
- Goods returned must be in the original assembled condition.
- Parts not returned with engine or gearbox which is initially supplied will be deducted from return due to you.
- No refund on Finance, Delivery / Freight charges, consequential damages or labour charges out of the exchange of any goods.
- No stripping of engine or gearbox (except build over gearbox) if you experience a problem, this will void your warranty. Contact your sales consultant immediately for further action.
- At your convenience, you may use back your engine parts like injection system, exhaust system, tappet cover, oil sump, pulleys EXCEPT ENGINE BLOCK WITH ITS CYLINDER HEAD is PROHIBITED to STRIP!
- No warranty on Hanging parts (Starter, Alternator, Water Pump, Manifold, Distributor, Carburetor, Power Steering Pump, Air Com Pump, Clutch, Viscous Clutch, Flywheel, Injectors, Turbo, Supercharger, Timing Belt and ALL Seals.
- No warranty on oil leaks, blown head gasket and overheating due to poor cooling systems.
- No warranty on engines bought for modification or modified vehicles.
- No warranty on engines that modified to add in Turbo / Supercharger.
- Until goods are fully paid for, they remain the property of BASIC Engine & Gearbox cc.